This is the first issue of Chevereto Tiempos, a monthly recap for all-things Chevereto. We build these notes taking in consideration announcements, user submitted tips, and tech news around self-hosting and related software products.
💖 This beta introduces new beautiful theme palettes for and more user interface improvements. It includes the brand new XR Debugger.
Chevereto V4.0.0.beta.6 has been announced. We are getting close to production-ready release, stay tuned.
# XR Debugger
We've created a lightweight PHP debugger at chevere/xr which is now built-in in Chevereto V4. This will dramatically improve how users debug Chevereto installations, making any code editing and troubleshooting easier to resolve.
😎 This debugger is Free Software and it can be used in any PHP 8 project.
We got the following requests for changes (previous months included). 👍 Do us a big one for and provide your vote to drive development.
- Use webp as the default format
- images merge function
- API for new images
- DSGVO/GDPR conformity request 2021
- Add site logo to header login page
- Add 'Private' to Page visibility
- Add report system
- Selectable choice of social share buttons
- Scales and compresses uploaded image files & Watermarks them if desired
- Make album/categories selection drop down searchable
- Do not block banned users from accessing the public section of the website
- Paid user version
- Change the display of uploaded photos in the admin panel
- option to select multiple categories!
- Allow SMTP without credentials
# Community Tips
# cPanel issues
💡 Save yourself from cPanel hell by using our universal VPS provisioning script at chevereto/vps.
# MySQL issues
# Thanks for reading!
Hope you have enjoyed this recap. If you have any interesting tip or link to share about Chevereto go to our community and join the conversation.